Friday, August 21, 2015

Glass Ceilings and Glass Slippers....

Yesterday I found out that a large group of people from work, as in pretty much everyone in the core group of people I deal with daily, had a giant group gathering to celebrate someone's promotion two weeks ago.  My entire work group was invited.  I was not.   In addition, the invites were secretive because not everyone was invited.   Meaning me.   I'm the only woman.

I guess I could give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that the gathering was at a place lacking indoor plumbing and since I cannot pee standing that they were doing me a favor.   I could also think that they didn't want me to feel left out when everyone was covertly scratching their balls and I had nothing to scratch.  Or maybe it's the fact that I couldn't discuss my last blow job or how my wife's cooking sucks.

Whatever the reason, it hurts.  Badly.  I'm not a princess.   I don't pull the girl routine at work and I've always been more than happy to do my share of the work.

I realize that it was an after hours gathering; however, we all know that deals are made around bar stools, spoken into beer mugs, and cigars are sat down to finalize with a handshake.

It's funny to me that in a day and age where we can push acceptance of Caitlyn Jenner, gay marriage, and multiple other things, that we still are scared to death of a pair of breasts and a vagina because *gasp* it's different than a penis and testicles.

In closing, if you ever have wondered why feminism needs to exist in this PC overly-accepting world that we live in?  This is why my friends.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! But I strangely feel a little better since I'm not the only one. :(

    ReplyDelete