Thursday, August 13, 2015

It's the little things...

One thing I have really focused on lately is making special little moments with my kids.  Slowing down and making my time with them special has been such a good thing for us.   
On that note, I have always been into special goofy just because holidays.  Like half birthdays.  Because why the heck not.  (For those interested mine is Sept 25 and I like cupcakes).  
So Tuesday night my son and I sneaked around and baked cupcakes (which he loved) for mg daughter's half.   He iced them Wednesday evening and here was the result
Boy has mad skills, yes?

She was so surprised and consequently had a smurf face until bath time.   A smiling smurf face.  

In other happenings, my son is trying to learn to play golf.  His father procured a set of junior clubs and a co-worker randomly gave me a nice set also so he's set.  Except the learning part.   A really nice dad of a kid in his class invited him over last night and they hit balls.   He's hooked.  At least maybe this will upgrade his wardrobe from basketball shorts and t-shirts   

So, what little things do you celebrate?   

3 comments:

  1. We make a point of celebrating the little things ALL the time!! One fun way we celebrate is that we got married on Friday the 13th, and will celebrate every time it's a Friday the 13th :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think anything in a shape immediately makes it better. :)

    ReplyDelete