Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Back to school....and Pretty Little Liars-Charles reveal!

Back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that I'm not a fool......

Bonus points and a snack pack for anyone who enjoys that reference.  

Today was back to school day.   And yesterday I talked down my doctor from hospitalization for IV antibiotics and instead took two giant shots in the butt.  Therefore, I wasn't feeling the whole giant fan fare.   Thankfully my brother, my partner in crime, stopped by and helped kid wrangle so that I could put all my effort into over the top lunch prep last night.  

I know it's over-achieving, Pinterest-inspired mommy guilt that makes me do this stupid crap, but I secretly kinda love it.  I mean, I want someone to make me a lunch like this!!  

Inspired by this blog post, I broke out the tiny cookie cutters and got to work.   

Again, my photography needs work, but if I made adorable lunches while semi-dead from a kidney infection, and I took amazing pictures-it might possibly be too much.  

Anyhoo, the kids were dropped off for their new year this morning, while blasting Welcome to the Jungle (because, well, that's what we do and I'm an awesome mom), with all smiles and ready to go.  I can't believe how grown they are *sniff, sniff*.   I need a giant glass of wine and I can't have any because my kidneys will rebel.  

After slaving over that lunch, I cleaned up and we all snuggled in our PJs for some family time.  Which actually means we sat around pantless and watched Pretty Little Liars. 

I had totally called the CeeCee connection, but didn't quite have it all figured out.  And I was never a Sara fan. I was blown away by how long it took to get to that point and then *bam* it all came out like water from a fire hydrant.  And I'm kind of unsure how this 5 year thing is going to go.   But I'm excited!!

So, any first day of school traditions in your house?   Thoughts on last night's PLL?

4 comments:

  1. First day of school means I go back to work ... but that's not for a couple more weeks for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First day of school is always a joy for me. I had mine today! I have had a study break for over two months now, and I am ready to be back in the game. I love vacations but two months is just too much so I was pleased to back! :)

    www.thesparklingdarling.com

    ReplyDelete