Sunday, August 16, 2015

August Ipsy Bag and Easy Chicken Fried Rice

I love getting mail.  I'm like a kid.   And when a shiny pink envelope is there just for little ole me?  Sold!

I had looked up my ipsy bag online for a sneak peek and was so excited for the products.   And that bag...*swoon*. I have a thing for bags. 

This month's bag was perfect.   I used the Doll 10 cream blush the next day and it will be entering the beauty rotation.   I like a cream blush.  I'm excited about the liner and lipstick also.  

The packaging of the Eco beauty is nice and will travel well.  And the Divine will be perfect for my post workout shower.  

Speaking of traveling, I use quite a few of these products when I travel.   If I'm on a short trip with just a carry on, they meet requirements and I get to experiment in the hotel with something new!   

The bags are also perfect for organization.  Case in point...
My bag Friday at work...three ipsy bags.  Perfect for giant bags to keep everything separated and easy to grab.  I also use them in suitcases to segregate products and make hotel stays easier.  

I'm planning on doing something I saw online soon, and that's monogram my ipsy bags!   How cute will that be? 

Lastly, I tried a new dinner last week and it was quick, easy, and the kids loved it.   Easy chicken fried rice.   I basically tweaked a few online recipes and came up with this.
I cooked the rice the night before while I cleaned up the kitchen and used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for easy prep.  

Ingredients: 
1 egg
1 tbsp water 
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1/4 onion chopped
3 tbsp soy sauce 
2 cups cooked rice
White meat from one rotisserie chicken shredded 

Mix egg and water together.   Melt butter in a skillet and add egg mixture.  Allow to cook 2-3 minutes without stirring.  When completely cooked remove and cut into strips.  
Heat oil in skillet and add onion.   Cook until soft.  Add chicken, rice, and soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add egg and remove from heat.  Serve immediately.  This produced 4 servings that weren't huge, but enough.   If you are making this the center of the meal for 4, you might need to double the recipe.  It was perfect for the three of us.

Stay tuned, today I will be attempting to prep a whole week's worth of school lunches and a couple of quick dinners for this busy week.   I am betting homework will take center stage this week along with cross country practice and golf lessons, so I am attempting to make life a little easier.   

Any tips for prepping meals for the week?  Shortcuts?  Favorite meals?

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment