Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Sibling vacation!! New Orleans, you are amazing

About a year and a half ago, I invited my brother on a week long work trip that I had to make to California.   All he had to buy was the plane ticket and some meals.   So, off on his first flight we went.   We had an absolute blast.   My brother is seriously one of my best friends.   We are polar opposites in many ways and in others we are so much alike.
So, to carry on the Sibling Vacay tradition, this year was an extended weekend in New Orleans.   We had very little on a concrete plan, but had a blast!!
There were trips to voodoo shops, where I bought this for my bestest girlfriend.   It is so fitting.  
There was food.   Lots of glorious food.  And drinks.  Man were there drinks.   On that note, if anyone out there has the recipe for the purple drink from Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop, please please please pass it along.  I think its the missing piece of my daily routine.  



There was also the most amazing drag show at Lucky Pierre's.   If you are on Bourbon Street, DO THIS!  They were absolutely amazing.  We had the best time!!!

Another stop that we just had to make was the Museum of Death.   We had wanted to do this last year while in LA, but time didn't work out, so we hit the newly opened one in New Orleans.  It didn't disappoint.  It was odd, creepy, and really awesome.

We really had a blast just people watching and randomly doing whatever sounded fun.   Dirty Linen Night proved to be an absolute blast (and hello...free alcohol and snacks!).   Observing the Red Dress Run was interesting.   Those people became more a$$hole-ish as the day wore on.   But they were fun to observe.






And there was this guy.   I loved visiting with him!  This picture is now on canvas in my living room.  
So, moral of the story, if you like your siblings just a little?  Go on a sibling vacation.   No one can understand your multitude of issues quite like your sibling and if you're lucky offer a nice and yet realistic view of them.  It's also a bonus if your brother is a fairly muscular police officer who likes to ensure that you are safe when you have had a little much to drink.  :) 

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE New Orleans!! We went for a week a couple years ago, and did our research on the food. We visited all the Diners Drive-Ins and Dives places, in addition to so many other good restaurants. The food in NOLA is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been in New Orleans. But I will next time I visit the US! :)

    www.thesparklingdarling.com

    ReplyDelete