Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Easy Guacamole (my kids can make this stuff!)

Yesterday I felt kinda crappy.  I found out as I was buying groceries that it was a kidney infection (yay me!).  So, I went home and began to cook supper and my sweet daughter helped me make guacamole.   We seriously cannot get enough of this stuff.   It's so easy...seriously my 7 year old can make it.

We learned this on the Salsa and Salsa Progresso excursion on our Carnival cruise this summer. Which.  Was.  Amazing.  My daughter still talks about the tour guide.

Maybe one day I'll take better pictures.   Anyway, if you want the recipe, here goes....
Guacamole (Easy and Kid Tested)
1 ripe avocado
1/4 medium white onion, chopped
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1 small handful of cilantro, chopped 
Juice from 1/2 medium lime 
More salt than feels politically correct 

Mix together and serve.  This makes a tiny batch so sharpen your kids' math skills and make them figure out how to make this as exponentially as you would like.  

However, make sure there is always a 1/2 lime left over.   It goes well with the vodka.   

No comments:

Post a Comment